Tying the Knot

|

I recently proposed to Manu, whom I have been dating since I returned to the US.  We were on a Jamaican vacation, sitting on the westernmost point on the island, watching the sun set into the Caribbean, and I asked her to be my wife.  Dolphins frolicked, wizened poets brought us coconuts, and sexagenarian middle American couples blazed their spliffs.  In other words, it was magical. 

Manu makes me happier than anyone I've ever been with before in my life, and I'm pleased to report that she didn't turn me down.

We are going to get legally married on May 24th, 2009 at 1:00pm at my mother's house in Norwich, Vermont.  We will have a second and more formal ceremony on May 22nd, 2010 in Fortaleza, Brazil with Manu's family and friends.

5 comments:

Dr. Manifesto said...

you two are most blessed. i can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

love
w

Anonymous said...

amores,

diesen monat sitze ich leider noch in berlin am schreibtisch, aber in fortaleza werde ich natürlich dabei sein!

este mes, infelizmente, ainda tenho que continuar em frente à escrivaninha. mas estarei com voces em fortaleza, êêê :)

beijos
bine*

Lívia said...

manu & johannes!! congratulations!!! i wish the best for the both of you!!

much love,

Lívia

Lívia said...

manu & johannes!! congratulations!!! i wish the best for the both of you!!

much love,

Lívia

Elizabeth said...

I'm going to be heading home soon and then I'm going to fuss over your wedding!
Not too much, I promise, but I'm really excited.
Much love to both of you!

-little sis